Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chair-ished Friendship

I pulled out my newest Papertrey Ink stamp sets to create a really bright card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. This one definitely qualifies as clean and simple--no brads, ribbon, or other raised embellishments.

I used the polka dotted arm chair image from the set for the focal image. I masked the chair to add the yellow rug beneath it, then stamped the square pillow on a scrap of white. The pillow's attached to the card with a dimensional for just a little variation.

I cut out the stamped image and turquoise mat with plain circle dies, then layered them on an orange mat. I added a line of faux stitching to the left of the image before attaching it to the Summer Sun card base. The sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink to match the chair. So sweet!

Materials Used:
On My Couch and On My Couch Additions stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, and Tempting Turquoise Classic inks, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips