Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Have a Sweet Day

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Taylored Expressions. While I was waiting for my Unity July Kit of the Month to arrive, I figured I’d keep myself busy with some images from the June kit.

I think this adorable ice cream cone might be one of my favorites from June's kit. It was a perfect fit for the large panel on this sketch. I colored it with Copic markers and added some Stickles to the cherry at the top.

I found some cherry patterned paper from Basic Grey’s new Lemonade collection to use for the cardfront. Even though the image and embellishments cover lots of the pattern, I promise there are cherries there!

I chose my embellishments to coordinate with the colors in the paper. I added a strip of kraft cardstock, layered with a piece of rich Scarlet Jewel ribbon, to the left side of the card. I tried to fit the “You’re the cherry on top” sentiment that came with the KOTM on the card, but it was too big. So, instead I went with Plan B—find another sentiment from my Unity collection. That's how I ended up with the “have a sweet day” sentiment, stamped on a layered pair of circles, peeking out from underneath the image panel.

Materials Used:
June Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); White Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Scarlet Jewel cardstock, Scarlet Jewel grosgrain ribbon, Scarlet Jewel button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Basic Grey-Lemonade line); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips