Friday, July 3, 2009

Earth(y) and Stars

Here’s my card for the first Viva la Verve sketch for July. Even though there are a bunch of layers here, I think my card still has a clean and simple look.

I used one of the silhouette images from Verve’s Because of You set as my focal image. It’s stamped in Ripe Avocado ink. I used a sponge and Creamy Caramel ink to ink along the edges of the stamped vanilla panel. I stamped the “you’re on my mind” sentiment from Heartfelt Phrases along the bottom of the panel, then added a trio of copper brads to the upper left corner. I matted the image on a Chocolate Chip panel with distressed edges.

I used both patterns from a piece of Jillibean Soup designer paper for the mats on the kraft card base. I tied a piece of olive poly twill ribbon, embellished with a wooden button, around the card base before attaching the image panel.

Materials Used:
Because of You and Heartfelt Phrases stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Ripe Avocado Palette ink, wooden button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Old Olive polytwill, sponge, distressing tool (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Jillibean Soup-Minestrone line); copper brads (Making Memories)

Here's my card for this week's sketch. The twist on this one was to use one of two different techniques. I went with popping pastels--so easy to do!

I paired Verve's Stars with the Little Star Plain Jane. I stamped the stars in Versamark, then dotted them with blue and yellow shimmery chalks. I used Memento Dew Drop ink pads to ink the sentiment stamp in two colors, then used a circle punch to punch out the stamped image. I've found it's easier for me to use a punch with this image than my Nestabilities--it seems to center better that way. I added a mat made from a pinking circle die cut underneath the sentiment panel.

To keep with the star theme, I used a strip of star patterned paper from Papertrey Ink across the cardfront. I added a pair of yellow rhinestones as a simple embellishment.

Materials Used:
Seeing Stars stamp set and Little Star Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Summer Sky and Dandelion inks (Memento); Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!);Bitty Star Basics designer paper (Papertrey Ink); jewel Shimmer Chalks (Pebbles); circle punch (Marvy Uchida); pinking circle die (Nestabilities); yellow self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips