Saturday, July 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop-Teacher Text

It’s time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month’s theme was text. I knew right away what I wanted to create for the hop. I went with a back-to-school theme incorporating text with a traditional school image.

I used patterned paper with text as the focal image on my project. With the help of my Slice die cutting machine, I cut an apple shape (3 ½” setting) from several different papers. I was worried that the machine might balk at the heavy weight of the PTI cardstock, but it cut nicely. I paper pieced sections from the different apples together to create this one. The majority of the apple is made from the alphabet patterned paper from the Chocolate Remix paper pack, with Pure Poppy as the base and New Leaf for the leafy top.

I made a quilted panel to set the apple on by assembling patterned paper squares on a Dark Chocolate mat. I used my sewing machine to stitch the pieces together, then layered the apple on top with dimensionals. I added a button embellished bow to complete the panel. I stamped some of the sentiments from the Teacher’s Apple set in Pure Poppy ink to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Teacher’s Apple stamp set, Pure Poppy Palette ink, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, and Cream cardstock, Chocolate Remix and 2008 Bitty Dot Basics designer papers, Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon, wooden button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock, 1 ¼” square punch, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Back to School cartridge (Slice); sewing machine

44 comments:

  1. Great job on the challenge! love the apple with the text on it...perfect teacher card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this is absolutely fantastic - LOVE how you incorporated text into this and that apple is fab! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Great job on teh challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...I love the idea of the apple with text on it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! Love your use of text on the apple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, how cute!!! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gasp....I am in awe...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of text on the apple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! I have to CASE this one :) if you don't mind. Perfect teacher card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super creative ! I love the use of the text on the apple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stinkin' cute! I love how you remembered that text paper...it's perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect for the occasion!!! Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the text on the apple, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable, I was going to ask about the letter background, because it looks like you typed it up. I see it's patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic patterned paper combo! That apple is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A happy card -- but, then, I'm always drawn to teacher things! Good job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love the text on the apple! Perfect for a teacher's card. I'll have to keep that in mind when it comes time to start making and giving teachers' cards again when school starts! :>

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh, what a great idea! The text apple is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am SO loving the text on the apple, and the color combo is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've got the SLICE!! Oh you lucky cat you! Love your card and the way you used the text!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Text on the apple is a wonderful idea. I'm loving the colors.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card! I love that you put the text into the apple. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The teacher card is the sweetest. Yeah, I love how the text looks inside the apple! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is crazy good, Lori - - just really really well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it! I like the little punch of green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the crisp look of this card. I never would've thought to use text on an apple, but it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love EVERYTHING about this card, the quilt, the apple..all of it !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a sweet apple that is! I don't have a slice, but I bet a Cricut could be used to do something similar...I'm going to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just so cute! What a great card! Best wishes from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really fun sketch and apple cut out. Super fun and fresh use of text.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a great card! I love the layout----that apple turned like that really catches your eye! Great job on the challenge~

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips