Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i {heart} wide ribbon

It’s time for another i {heart} papers design team challenge! This month our challenge is to use wide ribbon on our projects. Kate has a fabulous selection of wide ribbon in the store, so it was hard for me to choose what to use. I finally settled on using some of the yummy May Arts 1 1/2” silk ribbon.

I chose the pink ribbon to coordinate with the colors in the two patterns of My Mind’s Eye designer papers (Graceful Circles and Twirling Circles) that I used on my cardfront. I used the pattern with the cream background for most of the card and added the striped pattern at the bottom of the card, along with the simple “You make me smile” sentiment from the Hero Arts All Occasion Messages stamp set. I thought the sentiment would show up a little better on the stripes than on the spots.

The pink silk ribbon is wrapped around the card right where the two patterns meet. I made a ribbon-embellished bow to show off the pretty ribbon. I think this is probably the widest ribbon I’ve used on a project—and to think that I once thought that 5/8” ribbon was too wide to use on my cards. I’ve come a long way—LOL!

The IHP DT is extending this challenge to you. If you want to play along, upload your card using wide ribbon to SCS with the keyword ihp0709. Be sure to spread the word about the contest on your blog (if you have one) or mention that the card's for the IHP contest when you upload your card. The winner of the challenge will get an assortment of fabulous wide ribbon from IHP. Projects must be uploaded by Tuesday, August 4 to be entered in the contest. The winner will be selected by the IHP DT and announced on Friday, August 7. Can't wait to see what everyone creates!

For some inspiration to get you started, here's where you can find the rest of the IHP DT:
Carolyn Mustopa
Cathleen Torina
Deb Felts
Dee Jackson
Kate Baldwin, owner
Lynn Mercurio
Merry Socha
Tracy Schultz


I'm off to Orlando for CHA later today and I'll be catching up with some of the IHP DT bright and early tomorrow morning. Even though I'll be away, I've left some eye candy to share with you while I'm gone . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set, My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane designer papers, Palette Noir Black ink, May Arts 1 1/2” pink silk ribbon

other: Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); twine (Walmart)

7 comments:

  1. Love this Lori! Beautiful papers to go along with that fantastic button-embellished bow! I chose the same ribbon...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Lori. See you in Orlando bright and early tomorrow (if not sooner)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the colors! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Lori! Love that paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! This is fabulous, the colors and paper are great and i just adore the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these beautiful papers and colors and your bow is must fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card and the papers and colors and all.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips