Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Ducky

I had a chance to play with some of my new stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps the other day.  Here's what I created with the set--so cute!  I used Mary Jo's latest sketch challenge as the basis for my card.

I stamped the multi-step duckling image with 4 different shades of ink (SU! Barely Banana, Memento Dandelion, SU! Crushed Curry, and Creamy Caramel) to get the life-like look.  I added some wavy water, courtesy of strips of paper punched with the Boundary Waters punch, then used a stipple brush to add some sky.

I found some coordinating blue and yellow striped paper in my stash and used that to cover most of the card base.  The yellow strip running down the cardfront is torn along the bottom and embellished with a piece of grosgrain ribbon to add some texture.  I added the "just ducky" sentiment and placed a trio of yellow Dew Drops underneath it as an accent.

You still have a day or two to take advantage of the special "I Want the Full Sink" offer that includes all 7 of the new KSS releases at a great price.  You can use the discount code LORI10KSS for an additional 10 % off on the special--and for 10% off your other purchases, too.

Materials Used:
Multi-step Ducks & Pigs stamp set, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Crushed Curry, and Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Brocade Blue, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, stipple brush, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Memory Box-Homespun collection); circle dies (Nestabilities); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex)

3 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable, Lori...I've been coveting that water border punch. I think you have pushed me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Lori!! I'm with Lynn!! Love how you used the punch! Thanks for enabling :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips