Friday, July 10, 2009

Rockin' Bellarific Friday

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday sketch from Stamping Bella. I had a lot of fun with this one!

I started with my Rockabella image as the focal point. I paired her with some fun designer paper from Luxe. She’s colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the paper. It’s hard to see, but I added red solid and glittery highlights to Rockabella’s hair, too.

Since my image panel was pretty large, instead of matting it, I sponged around the edges of the panel with soft blue ink. I thought this worked pretty well as a substitute.

The “you rock” sentiment is stamped in Riding Hood Red ink on a light blue panel. I added a star brad as a little embellishment—lots going on with the patterns here, so I didn’t think I needed much else.

Materials Used:

Rockabella image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Lipstick Spica pen (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Soft Sky Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, and Soft Sky cardstock, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Luxe); star brad (Making Memories); Rings embossing folder (QuicKutz); black Glaze pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. Rockin' card! Like the ducky card above too, colors are fabulous on both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Lori! Love Bella!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips