Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dark No More

I finished these cards last night just before being interrupted by an unexpected power outage. We weren't having stormy weather and it wasn't extremely hot, so I'm not sure what caused it, but it was definitely a disruption to our evening. Cosmo the crazy dog freaked out in the complete darkness and began whining and crying. I knew exactly where the flashlight in my craft room was, but when I turned it on, it didn't work. I managed to get upstairs to the kitchen to get another one without falling over furniture--or Cosmo! It was about an hour or so before the power came back on for good and things got back to normal.

I got up this morning and cleaned off the scraps from my table. Here's what I had left behind in the dark. This card is for this week's StampTV sketch challenge. I used the hot air balloon image from Gina K's Eclectic Summer set. I colored it with Copics to match the warm colors in the DCWV Citrus Mat Stack papers I used to cover the cardfront. I used sparkly chalks and a scalloped circle to create a cloud covered backdrop for the balloon.

The sentiment is stamped in black on the sparkly designer paper strip across the cardfront. The ink didn't take too well to the sparkly, textured paper--lesson learned!

Materials Used:
Eclectic Summer and Eclectic Summer Sayings stamp sets, white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV's Citrus Mat Stack); shimmer chalks (Pebbles); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

I made this card for another StampTV challenge--the Potluck Friday challenge to make a card for a boy. I pulled out Mel's Just So Sporty set. It's perfect for cards for little boys!

I stamped the jersey in black ink on white cardstock, then stamped the "all star" sentiment on the front of the jersey in red. I used Copic markers to add red and navy stripes along the sleeves. The jersey's cut out and added to the blue panel with dimensionals.

I used Gina K's Ribbon Stripes set to create the coordinating star border panel along the bottom of the card. I added navy strips to either side of the star strip before adding it to the card. A row of paper piercing is beneath it.

Since this card's for a boy, I kept the embellishments to a minimum and definitely non-frilly--just a trio of silver brads and a navy button.

Materials Used:
Just So Sporty and Ribbon Stripes stamp sets (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Brocade Blue cardstock, silver brads, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); navy button, twine (Walmart)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips