Monday, July 13, 2009

One Layer Fun

For this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, Susanna challenged us to create a single layer card. This is a true challenge!

Here's what I came up with. I've been seeing so many fabulous creations with the new SU! Circle Circus set, yet mine has sat unused. I pulled it out for my one layer card. I stamped one of the images three times (in two different colors of new In Colors inks) within an embossed rectangle. I added a pretty jeweled brad at the center of each circle as a simple but eye-catching embellishment.

The embossed rectangle seemed a little lost, so I ended up tracing it with a white gel pen. This made it a little more visible--and a much straighter rectangular frame for the images than it would have been even if I'd used a ruler to draw it myself. I can never seem to keep things even with a ruler--LOL! I added the "happy birthday" sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes underneath the rectangle to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Circle Circus and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay Classic inks, Kraft cardstock, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); long rectangle die (Nestabilities); pink rhinestone brads (Target); blue rhinestone brad (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips