Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pink and Black Happy Hour

***Scroll down to the next post to see the newest template available from Clear & Simple Stamps.***

Here's my quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It seems like there's a theme going on here this week with a happy hour card on Monday and another one here tonight, but it's really just that the Martini Darling set from Clear & Simple Stamps was sitting out on my desk (although my long weekend does start tomorrow . . . ).

I stamped the martini image in black ink 8 times on a piece of Raspberry Tart cardstock and punched the images out with a 1 1/4" circle punch, then layered each circle on a 1 3/8" silver circle. I punched out one more 1 1/4" circle, this one stamped with the "happy hour" sentiment.

I used some simple black and white dotted paper to cover most of the 5" square Raspberry Fizz card base. I tried this out on a smaller 4 1/4" square card first, but everything seemed too squished together, so I ended up going with the bigger surface instead. I arranged the martini glass circles on the dotted panel, then added the sentiment circle in the center with a dimensional. Each of the circles with a martini glass image got a single clear crystal sticker embellishment. Fun!

Materials Used:
Martini Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); silver paper (Target); patterned paper (Making Memories); crystal stickers (Martha Stewart)

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips