Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shine, Sparkle, Twinkle

I couldn't resist picking up this Star Sparklers stamp from Stampendous today at Michaels. It was perfect for making one last quick 4th of July card.

I stamped the Star Sparklers image in black ink on white cardstock, then stamped each of the star images on scraps of metallic paper so I could cut them out and paper piece them. I traced the sparkle image with a clear Stardust pen for just a hint of sparkle. A piece of silver ribbon is knotted around the base of the image, then it's layered on a silver panel.

The strip along the bottom of the card base is from a larger piece of patterned paper from a DCWV summer paper pack. I just trimmed along the sections of the paper that I wanted for my card, then cut the 12" strip down to size for my card base. This really helped the card to come together quickly--and eliminated the need for a sentiment panel, too.

And, I couldn't let the holiday pass without sharing a photo of Cosmo the crazy dog in his holiday garb. I got him a brand new star bandanna from Target's dollar spot to wear today. Here he is in all his glory, hanging out in the backyard in the sunshine!

Materials Used:
Star Sparklers stamp (Stampendous); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Whisper White and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV's The Summer Glitter Stack); silver, red, and blue metallic paper (Target); silver ribbon (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. How sweet this card is! As a child I used to love the 4th of July (well, actually, I still do!) because we always were given sparklers when nightfall began. (I don't get them anymore!! LOL) This card just reminds me of how much fun I used to have with my siblings on those long-ago nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and what an adorable picture of the crazy pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card for the 4th. I love the sparklers. Cosmo looks fab too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips