Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wishing

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge at Stamp TV. I used the new Many Wishes stamp set from Gina K Designs. The images have a soft look and feel, so I went with a matching soft blue and gray combination for my card.

I stamped the smallest dandelion image in gray ink on a soft gray panel. I tried white first, but it looked washed out, so I switched to gray (maybe I should have heat embossed the white . . .). The "wishing you peace" sentiment fit nicely along the side of the image. I layered the image panel on a deeper gray panel, almost matching the color of the ink, then on an embossed panel matted on the same deeper gray.

The card base is also the deep gray color. I covered most of the cardfront with a piece of Amy Butler patterned paper. It's a more elegant pattern than I usually use in my cardmaking, but I love how it looks here. I resisted adding any more embellishments (like glittery accents on the dandelion), sticking to just the gray satin ribbon across the embossed panel.

Materials Used:
Many Wishes stamp set (Gina K Designs); Smokey Shadow Palette ink, Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gray satin ribbon (Target); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); designer paper (K & Company-Amy Butler Lotus)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips