Monday, July 6, 2009

Stars 'N Stripes Birthday

***If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, scroll down to the post below.***

Here's a clean and simple, red, white, and blue birthday card. Yes, it's a few days late for July 4, but it still works!

I used the star border from Gina K's Ribbon Stripes set across the bottom of the white panel in red ink. I attached a piece of narrow navy ribbon under the stars, then stamped the "birthday wishes" sentiment from Tag Lines in matching navy ink. The sentiment is highlighted with a single silver brad.

For a simple embellishment, I cut out a trio of stars using my Nestabilities Stars dies. The stars are layered, then attached to the cardfront with a dimensional. I layered the white panel on a navy cardfront. Since the card base is dark, I think I'll go back and add a decorated white panel on the inside so it will be easy to write a message and send the card on its way.

Materials Used:
Ribbon Stripes and Tag Lines stamp sets (Gina K Designs); Real Red and Night of Navy Classic inks, Real Red, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, silver brad, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); star dies (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips