Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summertime Collection Release at Clear and Simple Stamps

It’s release day at Clear & Simple Stamps! All of the sets in the Summertime Collection are available for viewing—and purchasing—on the CSS site. Today I have samples using the Sunshine stamp set. I showed you a sneak peek of this set in my Summer Treat Pack at the start of this month.
It’s a fun mix of images and sentiments that’s great for summertime crafting.

A set with a name like Sunshine calls for brightly colored projects, right? Well, that’s what I have to share with you. I took the colors for this card from the striped paper that covers most of the cardfront. I fashioned a large sun out of a portion of a dot-embossed circle, backed by a circle with a pinked edge. I added some zig zag machine stitching, too. It was my first time sewing around a circle and that was a little bit of a challenge, but I think it came out okay . . .

I set the sun in a blue panel “sky,” then added the sentiment in the bottom right corner. It’s hard to see in the photo, but once I had everything assembled, I added a light coating of Butter Cream Shimmerz to the sun for extra sparkle.

Materials Used: Sunshine stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Brocade Blue cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV’s The Summer Glitter Stack); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Butter Cream paint (Shimmerz); sewing machine

My next card features some more bright summery stripes. I made a sort of beach scene on a scalloped circle panel using one of the sun images from the set and some punched out flip flops.

The set comes with some solid and patterned images that you can use to fill in the sun outline, but I decided to use a button here instead.

I layered the scene over a coordinating striped cardstock panel, embellished with some blue ribbon. The sentiment fit nicely in the lower right corner of the card.

Materials Used: Sunshine stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Brocade Blue cardstock, Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Summer Sunshine Palette ink, Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); flip flop punch (Fiskars); patterned paper (Reminisce-Orlando); orange Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

And, here’s a fun altered project using another one of the sentiments from the Sunshine set. I bought a plain wooden sun plaque at the craft store and painted it a summery combination of yellow and orange acrylic paints.

After letting the paints dry, I embellished the sun with some orange self-adhesive rhinestones, then stamped the “you are the sunshine in my life” sentiment in orange ink. I added a piece of orange dotted grosgrain ribbon to the back to use to hang the plaque from a doorknob or a hook. So cute!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Clear & Simple Stamps design team to see samples using other new releases. Here’s where you can find them:
CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Erin Bigler
Jen Tapler
Kim Howard
Maria Levine
Neva McMullen
Robyn Weatherspoon
Sue Berker

Materials Used: Sunshine Stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Summer Sunrise Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin ink (StazOn); orange dotted grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); orange self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18); acrylic paints; sun plaque (Provo Craft)

2 comments:

  1. hey lori! These are awesome! I love that pinkering die you used for the sun. I need to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, I love the altered project!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips