Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You're Such a Treat

I've been wanting to try out the fun ice cream cone image from Unity's June Kit of the Month and today's SCS sketch challenge seemed like a perfect fit. I combined the sketch challenge with my fellow i {heart} papers DT member Tracy's WIT challenge to use shimmer and sparkle to come up with this card.

I colored the ice cream cone with Copic markers and trimmed around it. The summery colors for the layers on the card (and the ice cream!) were chosen to coordinate with the My Mind's Eye designer paper that makes up the wide strip on the cardfront. I embossed the pink strip across the cardfront with my Swiss Dots embossing folder for a little texture, then wrapped a piece of orange-y satin ribbon around it, too. The sentiment fit perfectly underneath the image panel.

The shimmer and sparkle on my card are found on the cherry at the top of the ice cream cone. I coated it with some Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles. This stuff is so sparkly! Kate carries a great selection here in the IHP store. I managed to photograph the card before I stuck my thumb in the Stickles--fortunately, it didn't smear on the card, just all over my hand . . .

Materials Used:
June Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. Came by way of SCS...love the colors in this card...treat for the eyes!
    Hope you will stop by, say hi and follow along!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips