Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wishing You Sparkly, Pastel Rainbows

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card in Sandra's gallery. The layout really caught my eye, especially the pretty bow at the top of the card. I used some supplies from i {heart} papers to make my own version of the card.

I used the rainbow image from the Hero Arts Sky's the Limit set as my card's focal image. I colored the rainbow to coordinate with the colors in the My Mind's Eye paper that I used to cover most of the pink card base, so it's more pastel-looking than rainbows usually are. I added some Crystal Stickles to the clouds at each end of the rainbow.

The sparkly clouds match the sparkly lime glimmer ribbon I used as an embellishment. I wrapped a piece of the ribbon down the designer paper panel that's under the rainbow image, then used a little more of the ribbon to create the bow that I attached to the top of the panel. All of the sparkle is so pretty IRL!

Materials Used:

other: Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Taken with Teal cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips