Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back to Basics Pair

I've been home almost a week now and I still feel like I have lots of catching up to do. With that in mind, here are my cards for the two most recent sketch challenges from Paper Craft Planet. Our DT gallery theme this month is all about getting back to basics and with that in mind, I've used different back to basic techniques on each of these cards.

For last week's sketch, hosted by Tammy, I used multi-step stamping to get my focal image. Kitchen Sink Stamps are perfect for this classic stamping technique! Maria recently announced the very first KSS event on the road. It's a great opportunity to learn about multi-step stamping from the experts at KSS. You can find more info here.

I love the farm animal images from the new Multi-Step Ducks & Pigs stamp set. I featured one of the piglet images on this clean and simple card.

The pig is stamped in 3 shades of pink inks plus one shade of brown to bring it to life. I used a stipple brush to add in the sky and some grass. I paired the piglet with a country-style gingham print in pink and yellow. The "squealing with delight" sentiment is stamped in pink on the solid yellow panel and highlighted with paper piercing underneath.

Materials Used:
Multi-step Ducks & Pigs stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Blush Blossom, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, stipple brush, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Lemon Tart button, white twine (Papertrey Ink); gingham patterned paper (K & Company); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities)

Now, here's my card for this week's sketch. Kim is our hostess this week and she shared another great sketch to try.

I used my Unity August Stampin' Store Kit for this card. This fun kit is only available through retail stores--mine came from i {heart} papers. I picked the bingo card as my focal image. The image was colored with markers to get the two toned (red and blue) image. To get the circles on the numbers, I used an unused pencil eraser, dotted in red ink, to stamp.

I paired the bingo card image with star and grid patterned papers from Papertrey Ink in coordinating colors. For some interest, I used my sewing machine to stitch a zig zag border around the edge of the card. I also added a clear star, embellished with a piece of red grosgrain ribbon to the card. Lots going on here, but I think I managed to pull it all together.
Materials Used:
Unity August Stampin' Store Kit (i {heart} papers); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Brocade Blue, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red and Brocade Blue markers, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Bitty Star Basics and Bitty Box Basics patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); ghost star embellishment (Heidi Swapp); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the August Kit of the Month! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips