Monday, August 10, 2009

Bling It On

****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday, scroll down to the post below.****

It's the first time I've stamped in almost a week, so I thought I'd ease back into things with a clean and simple card. I used some sticker stuff for the sentiments, along with a background paper I stamped for this card. For this month's Paper Craft Planet DT gallery, we're getting back to the basics in terms of techniques and making your own background paper is a great basic one that I've seemed to forget lately with all of the designer papers in my collection. With clear stamps, it's so quick and easy to do--and ensures that the colors on your projects will be a perfect match, too.

I used Papertrey Ink's Around & About Sentiments set for the patterned panel. I simply stamped the heart border strip repeatedly in Raspberry Fizz ink on matching Raspberry Fizz cardstock, offsetting the image just a bit as I worked up the paper. I matted the panel on a slightly larger Chocolate Chip panel and added a scalloped edge before attaching it to a kraft card base.

I combined some pink foam stickers and a super sparkly heart (from the wedding aisle at the craft store) for my sentiment. They're on a Chocolate Chip panel to make them pop. I added a simple Raspberry Fizz ribbon embellishment to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Around & About Sentiments stamp set, Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock, scallop edge punch, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink foam letters (Queen & Co.); rhinestone heart sticker (Gartner Studios)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips