Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Take the Challenge with Clear & Simple Stamps

It’s time for another Take the Challenge with Clear & Simple Stamps. For this month’s challenge, Maria gave us a fun sketch to try out. Since vacation and traveling have been on my mind, I pulled out my Jet Setter Darling set for the challenge.

I colored the Darling to coordinate with the sparkly designer paper panel I layered on the Bermuda Bay card base. I’ve seen a lot of jewel tones as I’ve shopped for clothes recently, so the Darling’s dress and bag should fit right in. I found some coordinating wide green grosgrain ribbon in my stash and wrapped that around the patterned paper panel before attaching the colored image.

I layered a pair of coordinating Prima flowers at the corner of the patterned paper panel. There’s a green dome embellishment at the center to keep it all together. The final element was the sentiment. I stamped it along the bottom of the card in coordinating ink.

For more inspiration using this sketch, you can visit the rest of the Clear & Simple Stamps design team. Here’s where you can find them:

CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Erin Bigler
Jen Tapler
Kim Howard
Maria Levine
Neva McMullen
Robyn Weatherspoon
Sue Berker

I'll have more Clear & Simple Stamps previews over the next week . . .

Materials Used:
Jet-Setter Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); White Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay and Green Galore cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Citrus Mat Stack (DCWV); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels Basic-Basic); flowers (Prima); green dome embellishment (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, love those colors on the card and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! Love what you did! Are you exhausted from all your travels? I hope it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips