Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chocolate Kraft Is a Hoot

I made this cute card tonight combining this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge and this week's SCS color challenge. I can't resist a challenge using kraft cardstock!

I used the owl image from the Chicken Girl Designs Into the Forest stamp set from i {heart} papers as my focal image. I colored the owl with Prismacolor pencils--it's been a long time since I pulled those out! I really like how the pencil looks against the kraft background. The owl's eyes are coated with some Glossy Accents for a glassy, dimensional look.

The fun dotted paper on the cardfront comes from a 3 Bugs in a Rug kit. I paired it with a solid kraft panel at the bottom of the card so that the sentiment would stand out when it was stamped in dark ink. I stitched around the panels in contrasting white thread, then added an ivory faux suede ribbon accent. The owl is layered over the ribbon using dimensionals.

Materials Used:


other: Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa Classic inks (Memento); Kraft, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, 1 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); colored pencils (Prismacolor); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Cute! This could be used for Tracy's WIT2 challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! Love the glossy accents on his eyes- great idea! Thanks for playing along. :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips