Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Clear (and Simple) Gratitude

Clear & Simple Stamps is sponsoring this week’s sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You. They always have super-creative sketches to work with! Here’s my version of this week’s sketch, flipped on its side.

I decided to use the sketch to make an acetate card. The plum scalloped panels are inside the acetate overlay. They’re made from two Nestabilities scalloped rectangles. I placed the patterned paper panel on the outside of the overlay to hide the adhesive that holds the pieces together.

Isn’t the floral pattern on the paper a great match for the flower trio from the Gratitude set? I stamped the solid silhouette images first, then went back and added the line images over top for definition. I used small ink pads so that I could ink up the flowers and stems separately. No room for a sentiment here, but I think that the card works okay without one.

Materials Used:
Gratitude stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Plum Pudding Palette ink, Plum Pudding cardstock, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, and Lulu Lavender inks (Memento); Very Vanilla cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Crate Paper-Sweet Branch line); oval and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome acetate card and it the paper is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori! I love the acetate and your image is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. That image is so pretty
    Thanks for playing along with us at
    http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori
    Love the way you made the sketch your own. I am a huge fan of acetate and you did it fab! Thanks for playing along
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips