Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Checking Out What's on (Stamp)TV

It's been a while since I've had a chance to play in some of the StampTV challenges. I had time to give two of the challenges a try the other day using some images from Gina K Designs.

This one is for the most recent technique challenge. I don't do lots of "technique" stamping, so these challenges are great for pushing me to try some things I might not usually think to do. Here, I inked an embossing folder with light blue ink, then ran it through my Big Shot to get the fun dotted background.

I paired the background with images from Melanie's Sporty Accessories set. I masked the baseball mitt with some Eclipse tape to get the images to have a layered look. After coloring the images with Copic markers, I added the "all star" sentiment from the coordinating Just So Sporty set. A little navy ribbon and a few red mats later, and the card was completed.

Materials Used:
Just So Sporty and Sporty Accessories stamp sets, white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black and Summer Sky inks (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Night of Navy, and Bashful Blue cardstock, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz)

And, here's the card I made for the most recent sketch challenge. I combined images from the My Cuppa Joe set with pretty papers from DCWV's La Creme mat stack. The paper that covers most of the cardfront is flocked--so soft!

I stamped the coffee bean and bag image on cream cardstock, then colored the coffee beans. I stamped the bag image a second time, this time on white cardstock. I trimmed around the image and attached it to the colored image panel with dimensionals. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some Glossy Accents to the bag's window for a glassine-ish look.

The La Creme papers were a great match for Gina K's Soft Sand cardstock, so I used that for my card base (love that color!). I added a black satin ribbon and bow as a simple embellishment to finish my card.

Materials Used:
My Cuppa Joe stamp set, Soft Sand, Cream, and White cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink(Memento); markers (Copic); designer papers (DCWV's La Creme mat stack); black satin ribbon (Target); black button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips