Sunday, August 2, 2009

DoodleFactory Duo

Here's my card for this week's featured stamper on SCS. I based it on this one in Teresa's gallery. I kept the layout and monochromatic color scheme pretty much the same, but changed things up by using the elegant chair image from the DoodleFactory Classic Decor set from Starving Artistamps as my focal image.

The chair is paper pieced with one of the patterns from SU!'s Thoroughly Modern designer paper pack. For the rug underneath it, I punched out an oval from a sticky note, placed the note on the image panel with the punched out spot where I wanted the rug and softly sponged on coordinating ink. I added the "sitting pretty" sentiment, embellished with a small felt flower, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Classic Decor chair and sentiments (Starving Artistamps); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Suede Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock, Thoroughly Modern designer series paper, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8" and scalloped circle punches, oval punch, sponge, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!)

And, while I had my DoodleFactory stamps out, I created this fun card for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. This fun challenge blog features a different movie each week to use as inspiration for a card or other project. This week's movie is Pirates of the Caribbean. I've never seen the movie--just been on the ride at Disney World a few times--but I figured that Buck-eye Bob from the DoodleFactory Tropics set would be fun for the challenge.

I colored Bob with Copic markers then carefully cut around the image. To meet the challenge requirement of including beads in your project, I threaded 4 small beads on a piece of twine, then attached them to Bob's head like they were coming out from under his bandana. I made a beachy background for him with a Baja Breeze circle with some torn kraft cardstock strips, inked along the edges with white craft ink, for sand. I used some cardstock scraps to create a simple flag for Bob to hold in his hand.

To finish the card I stamped one of the pirate sentiments in the lower right corner of a red cardstock panel. I used my sewing machine to stitch the panel to the Pacific Point card base before attaching the image panel.

Don't forget that you can use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp orders at Starving Artistamps. You don't want to miss out on the newest DoodleFactory sets--Prehistoric and Into the Woods. You can check them out here.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics stamp set and Tropics sentiment collection 2 (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); White craft ink, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Pacific Point, Close to Cocoak and Kraft cardstock, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Nestabilities); twine (Papertrey Ink); beads (Walmart); sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Love that chair stamp! Very pretty!

    Your pirate card is too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love both of your cards! The chair is awesome and the pirate is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards. I love how you did the sand under the super cute pirate bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute cards - I *love* your pirate card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Bob before but he is so cute! Love the colours and your design, it is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the first one. The first card is very much elegant and the colors which are used in this that are also looks great.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips