Sunday, August 2, 2009

So Sweet to Be Back

I got home from Orlando on Friday evening and spent some time on Saturday sorting through my suitcase and getting organized for my next trip--to the SU! convention in Salt Lake City. I had some time to do a little stamping, too.

Since it's been almost a week since I sat down in my craft room, I decided to pick a few challenges to use as a starting point. I used this week's sketch challenge from Taylored Expressions as the basis for this card. I combined the sketch with the colors in Dawn's latest color challenge, too. I saw both of these super-talented ladies during my travels at CHA. I met Taylor and was able to squeeze in her cute make and take at the Splitcoast booth before rushing out the door, suitcase in hand, to catch my shuttle to the airport on Friday afternoon.

My first stop on Friday morning was the Papertrey Ink booth. It was jam-packed from the start. Since I got there early and came prepared with a shopping list, I didn't have to wait too long to walk away with my goodies. I pulled out a few of my new items to use here. I used the cherry image from Everyday Button Bits for my main image. I stamped the stem with the new Spring Moss ink--much more like a pigment ink than the original version and much better in my opinion (I'll be adding the Sweet Blush and Aqua Mist versions to my collection soon). The cherries are filled in with a pair of the brand new Pure Poppy buttons.

I layered the cherry image on a Berry Sorbet panel for a little pop and stamped the sentiment in matching ink, too. I embossed a section of a Spring Moss panel with the Swiss Dot embossing folder, then added a strip of Berry Sorbet satin ribbon to divide the embossing from the sentiment. I matched the embossed dot pattern with a dotted patterned paper that I used to cover most of the Spring Moss cardfront. Just like the sentiment says--so sweet!

Materials Used:
Everyday Button Bits stamp set, Spring Moss and Berry Sorbet Palette inks, Spring Moss and Berry Sorbet cardstock, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics designer paper-Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon, Pure Poppy buttons, white twine (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle dies (Nestabilities)

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the dots. It was so great to meet you. Have a good time in SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Lori. I love how you carried your polka dot theme in all the elements of this project. I {heart} polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, I'm sure you had a fun time shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really gorgeous!!! love all the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! I love what people have done combining stamping with buttons.... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. I just love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet Lori and it was also so wonderful to meet you at the Splitcoaststampers Booth!! I bought this set at the supershow too and can hardly wait to ink it up.....or button it up I guess!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips