Wednesday, August 19, 2009

For Halloween and For Him

I got new Papertrey Ink stamps in the mail, so I had to try them out for today's SCS sketch challenge. Here's my very first Halloween card of the season using the new Boo to You stamp set.

I used the ghost as my focal image. It's shaded with a little of the palest blue and purple Copic markers, then painted with a coating of Opal Shimmerz. Using dimensionals, I layered the ghost on a purple panel stamped with a starry background and the "boo!" sentiment.

I paired the ghost with two patterned papers from a DCWV Halloween paper pad. Both papers have some shimmer to them. Instead of having a paper strip run the length of the card, I used a wide green ribbon to coordinate with the striped paper. I used the Drippy Goo punch for the silver strip along the bottom. Fun!

Materials Used:
Boo to You stamp set, Snow White Palette ink, Summer Sunrise button, twine (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Lovely Lilac and Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); patterned papers (DCWV's Halloween Stack); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Drippy Goo punch (Martha Stewart); Opal paint (Shimmerz)

I also used PTI stamps for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge to create a masculine card. These can be tricky for me! I do like how this one turned out.

I used images from Papertrey Ink’s Star Prints set for my focal image and sentiment. The dotted star image is stamped in navy ink on cream cardstock, then cut out (by hand). I layered the cut out star on a punched out navy star and used a dimensional to attach the stars to a cream panel.

The “you’re a super” sentiment is stamped in navy ink. I added a single silver brad to the left of the sentiment, then layered the stamped panel on a pair of red and blue mats. It looked a little plain to me, so I went back and added a navy grosgrain ribbon tab to the image panel. The panels are attached to a kraft card base. Not a lot going on here, but definitely clean, simple, and masculine.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy Classic ink, Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, large star punch, silver brad, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!); navy grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips