Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Taylored Expressions Two

I used some of my stamps from Taylored Expressions to create a pair of cards based on some sketch challenges from the past weekend. This first one is from Taylor’s blog.

I immediately thought that the branch image from the Branching Out set would be a perfect fit for the sketch’s large image panel. I colored the branch, nest, and bird with Copic markers and used a cloud template along with a sponge and some Cool Caribbean ink to fill in the sky.

I paired the branch image with some October Afternoon designer paper. I used both sides of the paper, one side to cover the cardfront and the other for the panel underneath the image. It makes things go so much quicker when you can use already coordinated stuff like this! I added the “thinking of you” sentiment, embellished with a matching satin bow, to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Branching Out stamp set, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Cool Caribbean Classic ink, Bermuda Bay cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Ripe Avocado Palette ink, Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado satin ribbon, wooden button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (October Afternoon)

I did this one for weekend sketch challenge # 93. I went sweet here, using Taylor’s cupcake images and some coordinating papers from Doodlebug Designs. The cupcakes are colored to match the ones on the patterned paper. I added some Spica glitter pens to the tops, too.

I used two coordinating paper patterns to cover the Hibiscus Burst card base. The sentiment is stamped on So Saffron cardstock in matching pink ink. I added a pair of pink rhinestones to the sentiment panel for a little more sparkle.

Materials Used:
For the Love of Cupcakes stamp set, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Spica glitter pens (Copic); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst cardstock, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon, Hibiscus Burst button, white twine (Papertrey Ink); So Saffron cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Doodlebug Designs); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); pink self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips