Sunday, August 9, 2009

Halloween Frights

As I head home from Salt Lake City, I have one more SU! convention swap to share today. I got the Halloween Frights set last year when it was in one of the mini catalogs and I was glad to see it reappear in this year’s big catalog. It has such fun images! It’s funny—I don’t really send Halloween cards to anyone, but I enjoy making them . . .

I went with a kind of non-traditional Halloween color scheme here and I really like how it came out. The four small images from the set are stamped in black ink on Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry circles and punched out with a circle punch. I arranged them on a black panel for some “pop.”

I added a black scallop edged strip, lined with a narrow Razzleberry edge, to the Old Olive card base. The sentiment fit along the top of the strip. I added a single silver brad as an embellishment to finish the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Halloween Frights stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Rich Razzleberry cardstock, 1 ¼” circle punch, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool

3 comments:

  1. Saw your card on Stampers' Showcase on September 10, Lori! And you have another one up there today. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips