Friday, August 21, 2009

New Bellas!

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday sketch from Stamping Bella. I'm a little bit disappointed that, once again, somehow my emailed image got waylaid and didn't arrive in Bellaland in time to be included in Emily's Friday post along with the other fabulous versions of this week's sketch . . .

My newest Bellas just arrived this week, so I had to pull out a new-to-me image for this week’s challenge. I went with GrattyTude for my main image. I got a few of the images from this collection--they were too cute to choose just one! She’s colored with Copic markers and highlighted with some Cotton Candy Stickles.

I colored the image to coordinate with the K & Company Wild Raspberry designer paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. The flowers matched the ones in her hair! I stamped the matching sentiment in Regal Rose ink on a So Saffron oval (it just fit!), then assembled the card. I added a trio of coordinating foam flowers with a self-adhesive pearl at the center as simple, girlie embellishments.

Materials Used:
GrattyTude image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, So Saffron cardstock, oval punch, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); flowers (Petaloo); self-adhesive pearls (Martha Stewart); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger)


I couldn’t use just one of my new Bellas, so I made a second card, this time using Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch Challenge for my card. I used the Lulu Ketto image here—love these fun girls!

Lulu is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with some Stickles on her wings and crown. I added the “you color my world” sentiment along the left side of the image panel.

I used some bold patterned paper from Luxe for the panel on the cardfront. A red ribbon divides the two different patterns. I brought in a little more red along the bottom of the patterned paper panel with a punched border strip. A button-embellished ribbon piece finishes off the card.

It's about to rain here (our second big storm of the day), so I'm off to calm Cosmo the crazy dog along with our weekend houseguest, my sister's dog, Bella. Everyone is calmly in their separate corners for now, but I have a feeling that will change once the rain starts!

Materials Used:
Lulu Ketto and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist button, Aqua Mist satin ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Luxe); Stardust and Yellow Stickles (Ranger); Effervescence border punch (Fiskars)

6 comments:

  1. These are super cute. I need to make time for Bellas soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bellas! These are gorgeous cards Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lori...these are amazing! love the colors on your bella sketch card, and your MTSC card is phenomenal! great coloring, dp, and color combo...WOW!!!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch again this week, and i can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go making me want some more Bella stamps. Lori this are both just fabulous. Love them!! Thanks for playing along with us on Mercy's sketch this week. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips