Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Circle Circus Flower

Today I’m on my way to Salt Lake City, Utah for the annual Stampin’ Up! convention. I’m looking forward to lots of fabulous stamping inspiration and to spending time with my favorite stamping buddies, too. Tonight we’re having dinner at a Mexican restaurant—yum!

Here’s one of the swaps I created for convention. It uses images from the new Circle Circus set. I ended up doing a 3”x 6” card because I accidentally ordered a pack of 12” x 12” Bashful Blue cardstock and cards that size work great with 12” x 12” paper. I really like how the layout worked on this size card.

I layered three of the circle images from the set to form a flower. The center of the flower is a clear circle rhinestone brad. The flower’s stem is done with some simple faux stitching courtesy of some paper piercing and a white gel pen. I added a pair of leaves punched from the sides of a circle.

The “grass” is a Certainly Celery panel that is edged with the scallop border punch. I added the “thinking of you” sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes on a bold Melon Mambo word window strip.

I’ll have a bunch more swaps to share over the next week (all Stampin’ Up! product only), so stay tuned . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Circle Circus and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Basic Black Classic inks, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery cardstock, 1”, 1 3/8”, and scallop circle punches, scallop edge punch, word window punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, clear circle rhinestone brad, Melon Mambo dotted grosgrain ribbon, dimensional

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips