Saturday, August 29, 2009

Perfect Pair

Adela is our hostess for this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. She shared a great sketch for the challenge. When I first saw all of the layers, I wasn’t sure how I’d approach it, but I love how my version turned out. I ended up making my card a standard A2 size instead of a square, but I think it still kept with the layout pretty well.

Here’s my version. I used the large pear image from Unity’s August Stampin’ Store Kit of the Month as my focal image. My kit came from i {heart} papers—and IHP’s Kate is offering some Unity freebies to anyone who purchases the kit before August 31. The pear is stamped on cream cardstock and colored with Copic markers.

I layered a bunch of papers on this card. The pear is layered on just a bit of Kiwi Kiss cardstock, then placed on a Baja Breeze panel that extends the length of the card. I had a scrap of October Afternoon designer paper left over from a card I was working on a few days ago that ended up fitting perfectly on the cardfront. The card base is covered with a K & Company lime green paper with a cream plaid pattern. I wrapped a piece of coordinating green ribbon around the card. I picked this ribbon up in the dollar bin at Michaels and have been using it a lot. I inked up the words “perfect” and “pear” from Unity’s June Kit of the Month separately in coordinating inks and stamped them on a circle. Isn’t this a totally cute anniversary card?

If you want to play along, upload the picture of your project to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk082909 so it can be pulled into the gallery with the other beauties using this sketch. I’ll be back later today with some back to school related projects . . .

Materials Used:
August Stampin’ Store Kit of the Month, June Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, 1 3/8” circle punch, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (K & Company-Greenhouse line; October Afternoon); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips