Friday, August 28, 2009

Bella Boy Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday sketch from Stamping Bella. I pulled out another new-to-me Bella image, the cute robot KiloWATT, for this perfect for a little boy card.

KiloWATT is colored with Copic markers. I used an oval shaped reverse mask to sponge in a shadow underneath him—probably should have masked his feet before doing this! I thought the blue ink would be light enough to not show up on my coloring, but it sort of did . . . I didn’t want to make my card “girlie,” but I couldn’t resist adding just a little sparkle to KiloWATT using a clear Stardust pen.

The cardfront is covered with some patterned paper from DCWV’s All About Boys stack. I matched the colors in the paper with some Ballet Blue cardstock scraps for the panels across the cardfront. This was great for using up some of my scraps! Each panel is accented with a single silver brad. I added the “happy birthday” sentiment along the bottom of the image, also accented with one silver brad.

Materials Used:
KiloWATT image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Ballet Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, oval punch, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible. The design looks so unique, perfect match for your image.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips