Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tickled Pink

Friends of mine just welcomed a brand new baby girl to their family so I needed the perfect little girl card to go along with the cute gift I got for her. I used Unity’s Tickled Pink set along with the most recent Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge to come up with this girly card.

To accommodate my tall image, I ended up stretching the sketch from a square to a rectangle. The baby carriage is paper pieced using a scrap of Sweet Blush cardstock. I added a pair of tiny pink twinkle stickers to the centers of the carriage’s wheels and put a shadow beneath the carriage with some gray shimmery chalks.

I paired the carriage with some My Mind’s Eye paper with stripes in soft shades of pink, yellow, green, and peach. To pick up some of the warm tones in the patterned paper, I added a yellow strip across the card, decorated with a button-embellished bow. The “tickled pink” sentiment is stamped on a circle and tucked underneath the yellow strip. So sweet!

Materials Used:
Tickled Pink stamp set (Unity Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Sweet Blush Palette ink, Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); pink twinkle stickers (Amuse); circle die (Nestabilities); shimmer chalks (Pebbles inc)

1 comment:

  1. Great card, I love that bow/button treatment. Perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips