Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time for a Picnic

I’m so excited to be able to show you one of the very first peeks at the new Chicken Girl Designs stamps carried exclusively at i {heart} papers! This card features images from the Hugs from a Bug set that will be available at IHP on August 9.

I created this summery feeling card for this week's clean and simple challenge on SCS to use stitching (real or faux) on your card. When I saw the ant image and the picnic sentiment, I knew I wanted to use this Sassafras Lass designer paper to make a tablecloth-like panel on my card. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges in a zig zag stitch (why is Cosmo the crazy dog most interested in my crafting when the sewing machine is out and his nose is most unwelcome??). The “Let’s go for a picnic” sentiment is on a red panel, accented with a sparkly brad, right over my tablecloth panel.

I colored the ant image with Copic markers. It’s hard to see from the photo, but I highlighted the image with a black Spica glitter pen. I layered the ant over my tablecloth panel to finish the card.

Be sure to visit the rest of the DT to see more sneak peeks throughout the week.




And, we're thrilled to have a super-talented bunch of guests joining us for the big release. They'll have samples for you this week, too:



Materials Used:

from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Designs Hugs from a Bug stamp set (available 8/9), Sassafras Lass Daisy Dots designer paper, Stemma Silver Wedding glitter brads, Nestabilities circle dies, Copic Spica black glitter pen

other: White Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Barely Banana cardstock, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips