Monday, September 28, 2009

Clean and Simple Winter Wishes

***Scroll down to the post below to see my Kitchen Sink Monday post.***

Here's my quick (less than 5 minute) card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge was a color challenge using shades of pink, blue, and green along with white.

I came up with this very simple winter holiday card. I started with a white base made from Papertrey Ink's sturdy white cardstock. The trio of snowflakes are from Verve's Snowflake Splendor set. I stamped each one in a different color ink. The "winter wishes" sentiment from Verve's Snow Wonderful set is stamped in blue ink.

In keeping with the simple design of the card, I kept the embellishments light. I added a tiny rhinestone to the center of each snowflake and a soft pink satin ribbon knotted around the top of the card. Simple, elegant, and easy to reproduce--maybe this should be my holiday card this year . . .

Materials Used:
Snow Wonderful and Snowflake Splendor stamp sets (Verve Stamps); white cardstock, Spring Moss and Sweet Blush inks (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); tiny twinkles (Taylored Expressions); pink satin ribbon (Target)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips