Sunday, September 20, 2009

Go Ahead

***Scroll down to see my post from earlier today.***

Here's my clean and simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's inspired by this adorable card.

I made my card a standard sized card, giving me a little more room to work with. Instead of using a square scallop edged chipboard frame, I used my Big Shot and Nestabilities dies to make my frame from a scrap of "chipboard." The frame is coated with Ballet Blue craft ink, then attached to the card base with dimensionals.

The "go ahead wish" sentiment from Unity's September Kit of the Month is stamped in matching Ballet Blue classic ink. I centered the panel inside the frame and attached it directly to the card base. I arranged the embellishments on the frame a little differently on my version of the card. I used a bow instead of a knotted piece of ribbon and placed a punched out star on the opposite side of the frame, instead of underneath the ribbon. This filled in my "white space" a little more and kept everything from being crowded on one side. What a great layout! I think I'll probably use this one again . . .

Materials Used:
September 09 Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Ballet Blue Craft ink, Ballet Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White cardstock, large star punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); gold ribbon (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips