Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meet The Petal Press

The Petal Press, a new line of stamps designed by Tracy Schultz, debuted earlier this week exclusively at i {heart} papers. The line's first set, Happy Harvest, is just perfect for cards for this time of year.

Here's my first card using these pretty images. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch as the basis for my card. I thought the large circle panel would showcase the images nicely. I combined the pumpkin and one of the floral images here. The images are colored with Copic markers. I stamped the "give thanks" sentiment in coordinating rust ink.

I chose the colors for the card from the warm colors in the Upsy Daisy patterned paper panel I used on the cardfront. The colors in this paper (and this entire line) are great for fall. The strips across the card are made from pieces of sage faux suede ribbon--love how this feels! I added a trio of brads as a simple embellishment to complete the card.

Materials Used:

other: cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Really Rust Classic ink, Really Rust and More Mustard cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips