Saturday, September 5, 2009

Over on the (Paper Craft) Planet

If you haven’t stopped by Paper Craft Planet in a while, you want to make sure to make a visit soon. We’re partnering with Stampendous, Tsukineko, and Creative Impressions to host Back to Basics, a 12 week stamping class with lots of inspiration and fabulous prizes. You don’t want to miss out! Each week will have a different focus and a challenge, too. If you participate in the challenge, you’ll have the opportunity to win a very generous prize package. You can join the Back to Basics group at PCP here.

Now, on to other PCP events. Lynn is our hostess for this week’s sketch challenge. She shared a great, simple sketch for the challenge. I managed to crank this card out in under 10 minutes—love when that happens! And, you may just be seeing this sketch again sometime soon. I have a few other ideas for using it spinning around in my mind

If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that I tend to go with non-traditional colors for my holiday cards. Here’s another one that follows that trend. I used some of the snowflake images from Papertrey Ink’s Rustic Snowflakes to stamp the snowflakes across the kraft panel. I used a combination of PTI’s Vintage Cream ink and SU!’s Soft Suede full strength and stamped off once for a variation in color. So pretty! I added just a bit of Stickles to the center of each flake for a subtle sparkle. The edges of the kraft panel are inked with the cream ink for a softer look.

I used images from PTI’s Snowfall set for the sentiment. Again, I stamped the Soft Suede ink off once before stamping on the panel for the muted look. I added a piece of knotted Dark Chocolate twill as a simple embellishment before layering the sentiment on to the card with dimensionals. I really like how this turned out—so clean and simple. Maybe I should use a similar design for my holiday cards this year . . .

Materials Used:
Rustic Snowflakes and Snowfall stamp sets, Vintage Cream Palette ink, Vintage Cream cardstock, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); Soft Suede Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Stardust Stickles (Ranger)

Finally, this is another sketch challenge card, based on this week’s sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. It’s going into this month’s DT gallery at Paper Craft Planet since it’s the perfect fit for our Fall into Fun theme.

I used an acorn embellishment as my focal image. The rest of the card was designed around the acorn using fall colors. I used some dotted designer paper from Papertrey Ink, paired with coordinating solid cardstock colors. The mustard panel on the cardfront is inked with some matching ink for a distressed, weathered look—not my usual style, but I like how it looks here. The sentiment is from the DoodleFactory Woods Sentiments set from Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
Woods Sentiments set (Starving Artistamps); Close to Cocoa and More Mustard Classic inks, More Mustard, Ruby Red, and Creamy Caramel cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Autumn Abundance-Papertrey Ink); copper brads (Making Memories); acorn (K & Company Autumn Days); Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. Lori this is such a great card - love the simple and striking use of colors and shapes.
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips