Friday, September 4, 2009

Verve Times Two

Here are my cards for the first of this month's Viva la Verve challenges. I've used a mix of "old" Verve and new stuff, too.

This card is for this month’s first sketch. The twist here was to include little round things on your project. I’ve got lots of those to choose from—LOL!

I used Verve’s Petals & Stems set for my focal image. I stamped two of the different sized flower images tone on tone on scraps of pink and yellow cardstock, trimmed around them, and layered them to create my two-toned flower. A pearly Dew Drop at the center finishes the flower. I had enough room on my panel to add the “thanks” sentiment from Circular Sayings. I inked around the edges of the panel so the white background wouldn’t look so bright against the rest of the pastel colors on my card.

I used three coordinating patterned papers from a retired SU! paper pack for the scalloped strips on the cardfront. The strips were cut with a large scallop punch that also embosses. A single Dew Drop is at the center of each of the scallops.

Originally, the celery panel on the cardfront was plain. It was bugging me, so I went back and took apart the card, then embossed the panel with a dotted embossing folder. Much better now!

Materials Used:
Petals & Stems and Circular Sayings stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Barely Banana Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling designer series paper, sponge dauber, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz)


This card is for this week's challenge to make a card that's a smaller size than a standard sized card. I went with a "scrapling" in shades of pink.

I used the shoe image from Verve's Express Yourself along with one of the matching sentiments for the top part of the card. The shoe is stamped on a scrap of paper, cut out, and attached to the scrapling with a dimensional. I divided the two color panels on the card with a paper pierced strip of black cardstock. The bottom of the card is stamped with the dotted image from the Bountiful Backgrounds set. The stamp was the exact width of the scrapling--just perfect! I finished off the tiny card with a trio of black self adhesive jewels.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself and Bountiful Backgrounds stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Black cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); black self-adhesive jewels (Studio 18)

1 comment:

  1. Who makes the large scallop punch that embosses. I just love everything about the card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips