Sunday, September 13, 2009

Perfect Pair-Shannan Style

Here's my clean and simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card in the very talented Shannan's gallery.

I replaced the pear image with a slightly larger pear image from Unity's July Kit of the Month. Instead of watercoloring (which I'm lousy at!), I used my Copic markers to color the pear image.

The strip of paper beneath the colored image is a leftover scrap of October Afternoon designer paper. It's similar in color to the paper that Shannan used on her original card and has shapes that are similar to those in the pear image, so I thought it would be a good fit here. Instead of twill around the panel, I used some soft blue seam binding tape (from my scrap collection--always good to put scraps to use!). I added a punched border strip along the bottom of the image panel before attaching it to the front of the card.

The sentiment is from Unity's June Kit of the Month. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the two individual words just so.

Materials Used:
June and July Kits of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery and Kraft cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); blue seam binding tape (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips