Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Greetings

This morning I'm headed out to a shoebox swap with some local stamping friends. I designed this SU! only card for the swap. Since there will be 30 people stamping the day away, I kept my card pretty simple and easy to complete.

I used the sketch for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge for the card's layout. The image panel features a pair of pumpkins from the new Pumpkin Patch stamp set. The smaller, circle shaped pumpkin is punched out with my 1" circle punch. The 1 1/4" circle punch left too much of a border around the image for my liking, so I went just a little smaller than the image with the 1" punch. The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive ink to match the card base.

I layered a strip of designer paper from the Tall Tales package across the card base before attaching the image panel. The final touch is a small piece of knotted Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon. The deep purplish color is a nice contrast to the orange and green on the rest of the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Pumpkin Patch stamp set, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black Classic inks, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Tall Tales designer series paper, Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I thought I recognized the layout, Lori! ;-) Very cute Halloween card! Hope you made it home safe in this crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips