Monday, September 7, 2009

You Make My Heart Flutter

***If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, scroll down to the post below.***

Here's my ten minute card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. I used my August Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co. for both the image and sentiment. This kit is full of great stuff!

I started with a light pink card base. The fluttering heart image is stamped in black ink directly on the base. I stamped the image again, this time on vellum. After the ink was dry, I trimmed around it and attached it to the card, gluing only the heart portion of the image so the "wings" were free to flutter a bit.

I stamped the heart section of the image on a scrap of rose cardstock and cut it out. It's attached over the vellum with a dimensional. This covers the glue I used to hold the vellum in place. I added some clear Stardust glitter to the heart and wings, then stamped the sentiment beneath the image to finish the card.

Materials Used:
August Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Rose Red Classic ink, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white vellum (The Paper Company); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips