Sunday, October 18, 2009

100% All Boy

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. This cute baby card caught my eye, so I remade it using images from the Oh Boy stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps.

I kept the layout the same, but changed the image to the cute puppy dog one from the Oh Boy set. Instead of coloring the image, I paper pieced it using scraps of patterned and solid papers. I used a blue marker to do faux stitching around the edges of the image panel before attaching it to a scalloped rectangle panel.

I stamped the "100% all boy" sentiment on a layered tag, then attached it to the cardfront. The tag is embellished witha coordinating green button.

Materials Used:
Oh Boy stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, designer paper, Bashful Blue marker, Certainly Celery twill tape, mat pack and paper piercing tool, regular and small tag punches (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); black Glaze pen (Sakura)

4 comments:

  1. Too cute, Lori! I love the striped paper you used for the dog. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love that paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwhh this is so cute Lori - Love it! Great idea to paper piece the doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute, love the paper pieced little doggie.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips