Friday, October 23, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 122

The theme for this week's blogger challenge is no layer cards--that's right, just one single piece of cardstock! While I don't do these too often, they fit in pretty well with my preferred clean and simple stamping style. Here's a quick, no layer masculine card for the challenge--less than 15 minutes from start to finish.

I started with a kraft card base and Papertrey Ink's Star Prints stamp set. I inked one of the star images in Enchanted Evening ink and stamped it on the card base. The "you're a super" sentiment is stamped directly to the left of the image in the same color ink. The sentiment is accented with a single silver brad.

Since I couldn't add interest to the card by adding layers, I looked for another way to do that. I ended up using my paper piercing tool to outline around the star image. It wasn't too hard to do without a template because of the straight lines of the star image.

For more no layer card ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, Kraft cardstock, Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); silver brad (Making Memories); paper piercing tool

13 comments:

  1. Great card, Lori! Good for a guy card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great no layer card - wonderful way to add interest around the star with the piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is fantastic! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! love the blue and kraft! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this card is a perfect masculine card!!! Great job, love the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Striking, simple and masculine...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Love the masculine feel and the special touches like the brad and piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and totall intend to case it to send to my son as he finishes up his Senior year. He will love this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the blue with the kraft! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful design Lori! So clean and simple! Love the piercing around the star! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see more an more cards like this simple with lots of empty space and yours looks so professional...
    love what you did.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! The paper piercing really adds a lot to the card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips