Friday, October 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I hope you enjoyed Tuesday's DoodleFactory Final Frontier blog hop. I know I did! If you missed out on the hop, check out this post on the Starving Artistamps blog for direct links to all of the stops on the hop. And, if you've got to get your hands on some of these new (or other Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory images), remember that you can use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your stamp purchase.

I'm still having fun playing with the Final Frontier images. Here's a cute suspension/spinning card I made using the set's small Earth image. I stamped the Earth image twice and colored it with Copic markers before attaching it to the spinner mechanism.

I used a piece of dotted blue on blue patterned paper to cover the spinner mechanism and keep with the blue/green color scheme. I stamped the set's "home sweet home" sentiment directly on the patterned paper in a darker shade of blue ink. Then, for an accent, I added the arrow image to the cardfront. It's stamped tone on tone in green, then cut out and attached to the card with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Final Frontier stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Baja Breeze cardstock, 1 1/4" circle punch, Sticky Strip, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Colorbok-Friendly Forest); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); clear fishing line

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips