Sunday, October 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! This month's theme is holidays--cards, gifts, packaging, home decor and anything else holiday-related. I took a cue from Nichole's recent release countdown posts and went for a card that could be quickly and easily reproduced for sending to friends and family for the holidays. The project I came up with incorporates some of my very favorite things--kraft cardstock, a clean and simple style, and non-traditional holiday colors.

I started with the largest snowflake image from the Snowfall set, stamped in Encore Silver ink on White Shimmer cardstock. The snowflake is punched out with the Marvy Uchida Giga Snowflake punch, which coordinates perfectly with the image. A word of caution--it takes a lot of pressure to punch through the cardstock with this big punch. I think I did some damage to my wrist while doing this! I added a single silver rhinestone to the center of the snowflake as an extra sparkly embellishment.

The snowflake is layered on a kraft card base using foam tape. I added a Fresh Snow velvet strip with a ribbon on top to make the snowflake appear ornament-like. The "celebrate the season" sentiment from the new Holiday Tree set is stamped along the bottom of the card in Dark Chocolate ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Snowfall and Holiday Tree stamp sets, Dark Chocolate and Encore Silver inks, Kraft and White Shimmer cardstock, Fresh Snow velvet ribbon (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive rhinestone (Studio 18); foam tape

42 comments:

  1. YAY Kraft! Simple and elegant, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Lori! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the silver snowflake. And kraft and silver is another fun combination that I really like seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simple yet very striking; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Kraft!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and super duper cute...just the way I love my cards!! tfs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice combo of kraft plus the snowflake. Very "in" with the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silver and kraft - - something I don't think I have ever seen and it still looks posh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the clean and simple style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kraft with the elegant snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple elegance -- perfect so you can create a "bunch" -- LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Lori! Love your ornament card and the velvet is gorgeous - need to put that on my list - velvet ribbon from PTI.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you combined bling with the Kraft. Love that Kraft! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love the snowflake on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for reminding me about the velvet ribbon! I had completely forgotten! Your card is lovely, even if it was a hard punch, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love clean and simple holiday cards and this one is just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful snowflake! Love how it looks paired with Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice - love the clean lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo I love this... Kraft and white is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty. I love the kraft and white combination.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great CAS project! That will be a very mailable card and very much appreciated I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this!! So crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love the clean and simple style and the choice of kraft was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice job. I like the clean and simple look of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore this card! Love the kraft, the snowflake, the simplicity... everything! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. perfect, Lori! simple and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So clean and simply beautiful. Great job, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well you've certainly rocked the CAS style for Christmas with this! I betcha could knock out a few of these in no time!
    TFS!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I love this! So simple but really striking. I love when people can achieve this, and you totally have!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the simplicity of this card!!!! Plus I love kraft... perfect combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card!! Love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips