Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rusty Falling Leaf

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. I kept it pretty simple so the falling leaf image would be the center of attention.

I used one of the leaf images from Unity's September Stampin' Store kit. The leaf is stamped in rust ink and cut out. I stamped the swirl image from the kit in brown ink, then set the leaf at the bottom of the swirl using a dimensional.

I continued the swirly pattern with the Jillibean Soup kraft designer paper panel behind the leaf. I added a scallop edged strip of solid brown cardstock at the bottom of the kraft panel. A piece of cream velvet ribbon runs across the panel and there's a dot of Gold Liquid Pearls on each individual scallop. These are a great quick and easy way to add just a tiny bit of "bling" to a project! There wasn't much room left for a sentiment, so I left it off.

The new Unity October Stampin' Store Kit, Wonderful You, is available now at i {heart} papers. If you're a Unity fan, be sure to check it out!

Materials Used:

other: Really Rust and Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love how you tied the swirl into the leaf and paper. Nice fall card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips