Saturday, October 10, 2009

Harvest Thanks

I made this fall-feeling card with images from Tracy's Happy Harvest stamp set, available exclusively at i {heart} papers. Her second set will be available next week--and it's just as fabulous!

My card is based on this week's Mojo Mond ay sketch and also fits the theme for this month's Paper Craft Planet DT gallery and this week's Crazy 4 Challenges thankful theme. I started by combining the candle and pumpkin images from the Happy Harvest set. The images are colored with Copic markers, then cut out with a Nestabilities circle die and layered on a scalloped circle mat.

I paired the colored image with designer paper from Basic Grey's fall line, Indian Summer. What pretty colors! I added solid panels in coordinating Scarlet Jewel cardstock at the sides of the image panel. The "give thanks" sentiment is stamped in cream ink at the bottom of one of the panels. I tied a gold faux suede ribbon across the card before layering it on the card base. I added some copper brads, too, but they're kind of lost in the pattern--probably should have put small cardstock circles underneath them to help them stand out . . .

Materials Used:


other: cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel, and Dark Chocolate inks, Scarlet Jewel cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft and Chocolate Chip cardstock, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty. I love the sketch, the image is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Lori!! I love that image! Thanks for playing C4C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You did a great job combing the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I love those rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love the colors and the white sentiment. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips