Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scrappy Owl-Oween

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Jessica provided us with this week's challenge.

Since Halloween's right around the corner, I thought I'd squeeze in another Halloween card today. I combined designer papers from the My Mind's Eye Boo to You Collection Kit with the matching glittery chipboard collection for this mostly "scrappy" card based on Jessica's sketch.

I used the glittery chipboard owl for my focal image. The owl's set on a kraft panel that's inked around the edges with some brown ink for a little depth. I layered the panel on some Gina K Designs Pumpkin Spice cardstock that coordinates nicely with the colors in the MME designer papers.

I used two different papers from the collection for the panels on the card. Another piece from the chipboard collection, a glittery black star, is attached to one corner of the image panel. I added a green button with a twine bow to embellish the star. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Owl-Oween stamp set--the perfect match for the chipboard owl! If you head over to i {heart} papers, you can pick up the papers, chipboard, and stamp set for yourself. And, be sure to scroll down to the post below to see more IHP goodies . . .

Materials Used:


other: Pumpkin Spice cardstock, Vivid Butterscotch ink (Gina K Designs); Kraft cardstock, Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips