Monday, October 5, 2009

Suede Squares

***Scroll down to see my Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday post with details about this month's KSS Crew Challenge.***

This card combines this week's SCS technique and clean and simple challenges all in one. The technique challenge is faux suede (one of my favorite quick and easy techniques!) and the clean and simple challenge is an inspiration challenge based on some pillows from World Market. I based my card on a pillow with a concentric square pattern in earthy shades of brown, blue, green, and cream.

The focal image on my card is from the new Autumn stamp set, available on October 15 from Clear & Simple Stamps. It's stamped in River Rock ink on a cream panel. The stamped panel is layered on Soft Sky and Kraft faux suede panels, incorporating the concentric squares pattern from the inspiration piece on my card. I layered the squares on a 4 1/4" square River Rock card base.

The sentiment is also from the new Autumn set. It's stamped in Close to Cocoa ink on a River Rock word window strip. I added a square button that coordinates with the River Rock cardstock as a simple embellishment to complete the clean and simple design.

I'll have another Clear & Simple Stamps sample tomorrow (and a little more faux suede, too!), so be sure to check back.

Materials Used:
Autumn stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); River Rock and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, River Rock, Soft Sky, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, love those colors together and the suede technique works well with the image you chose!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips