Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sweet Snowy Greetings

Here's my card using this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge. I used one of the panels in the sketch to create a sweet snowy scene using an image from the Chicken Girl Design It's a Snow Day stamp set from i {heart} papers.

I stamped the snowman pair on white cardstock and colored the images in just a bit with Copic markers, then carefully cut the images out. They're set on a snowy landscape created with a light blue cardstock panel and some layers of vellum (which really are there--just hard to see in the photo--LOL!). I stamped the snowman image on the scene background, then used the outline of the images as a guide for placement. The "snowy greetings" sentiment fit nicely in the upper left corner of the image panel.

As usual, I went for a non-traditional winter/holiday card color combination. My color choices came from the My Mind's Eye designer paper I picked for the panel behind the scene. A piece of blue and white reversible satin ribbon is knotted around the panel. I added a super sparkly snowflake to the top of the image panel to finish the card.

And, speaking of IHP, last week's Birthday Bash is now officially over and the winners (including not just one, but two, guest designers for November!) have been announced. You can find all the details here. Congrats to all of the winners!

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Bashful Blue cardstock, vellum (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love them against the blue. It really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips